Forged Header Boxes
We are specialized in the supply, designing and manufacturing header boxes for Air Cooled Heat Exchangers for the power- and petrochemical industry.
Most common production process for header boxes for the cooler bundle is plates welded together. This process causes several risks that cannot be avoided and therefore we have found an innovative production route to produce the header boxes in a different way. We source the header blocks as forgings and completely machine to drawing.
Benefits compared to a header from plate:
- No welds at all, so no defaults and no repair needed.
- Forged material is all side forged which makes a more homogenous material with higher strength.
- Less material needed in thickness.
- No lamination of base material.
- No limitations to qualified welders or production hours.
- No heat treatment necessary, no stress in materials.
- Potential less risks to corrosion (SCC, crevice corrosion)
Complete machined forged headers are of better quality, due to the usage of forged material thinner material can be used, no limitation in time and no risks of poor welds and less possibility of corrosion.